Even though a Chili Bowl hangover has set over the racing world the lull should be short lived with the Winter Challenge and Florida Speedweeks coming up soon. Throw in all of the schedules coming out and its been a very busy week.
- One bit of news that did slip by during Chili Bowl Week was the formation of the new Icar Top Speed Sprint Car Series for non-wing pavement sprint cars. Formed the the proprieties of the Top-Speed modified division, organizers are aiming for 3-4 races in 2013 with the first being scheduled at Angola Motorsport Speedway on May 18th.
- Attica Raceway Park announced this week their annual Spring Nationals has been pushed back one week to Easter Weekend, March 29th an 30th. If the weekend gets rained out, rain dates are in place for the following weekend. Attica also has an Ohio Speedweek date June 21st and two All Star programs on August 30th and 31st. Look for an awesome weekly show in May that will a celebration of Attica’s 25th Anniversary.
- Look for some big news out of the Sprints on Dirt Series and possibly at 2013 schedule after their banquet on Saturday.
- One other aspect of the sport we have been catching up on since Chili Bowl are ride changes. Look for a major update to the driver roster over the weekend.
- Look for the 2013 master schedule to be continually updated. We are also putting together our personal schedule for covering races in 2013. Once a couple of more schedules are released we can finalize that and start making reservations.