Last night Kalamazoo Speedway received overwhelming support in the face of a noise ordinance proposed by Alamo Township that would seriously handicap the Speedway’s ability to operate. The township meeting scheduled to be held on Monday night had to be postponed due to turned that exceeded the capacity of the Alamo Township Hall. The new meeting time is February 25th at 7:00 p.m. at the Alamo Elementary School. The proposed ordinance would restrict sound to 82 decibel during the day and drop that number to 55 decibel after 11:00 p.m. The meeting will be rescheduled for a later date at a larger facility.
- Butch Dowker’s condition improved greatly yesterday. Dowker has been moved to a step down unit in Sparrow Hospital, his has improved greatly, and can take visitors. Well Wishes also can be sent to Dowker Engines at 502 Island Hwy Charlotte, MI 48813.
- Rich Corson could also use some support after having a heart attack. Rich’s family is asking the racing community to create a card tree for him to read during his long road to recovery. You can send cards to Rich Corson 16636 Spaulding Markham, Il, 60428
- Fans of Jackslash.com with ipod, iPads, and iPhones will be happy to hear that as of yesterday all new videos uploaded to the popular pay per view site will now support those devices. Jackslash proprietor Sean Buckley is going to be working over the next few weeks to convert over 1,000 previous posted videos to the new format so iOS users can enjoy them as well.
- For Ohio readers I can think of no better way to kick off the 2013 season in your region by heading out to the 11th Annual Northern Ohio Sprint Car Show March 15th – 17th at the Tiffin Mall in Tiffin, Ohio. In addition to getting a look at a lot of the new hardware you will see on track there will be live radio shows, the Hoserville Ohio auction, and more. Check out the Facebook page for the event for all of the information. I have personally attended a few of these shows and you will not want to miss it.
- Todd from FloridaSprintCarFans.com found out that Dave Steele will test a midget car for RW Motorsports on Thursday. If all goes well Steele will race the USAC National Midget Car Series opener at New Symrna Speedway on Sunday and Monday. Make sure to check out Todd’s highly entertaining musings including the constant reference to Steele as “His Holiness”.
- Congrats to former Knoxville Raceway announcer Dave Reiff on being promoted to anchor on the ESPN NHRA drag racing broadcasts.
- 200 lap pavement sprint car race has been scheduled at Rocky Mountain Raceways September 13th and 14th.